Friday, October 3, 2008

J2Q: Tech Saavy?

This weekend I came across this chart from the Pew Research Center on "Key New Audiences." I'll admit, I'm victim of rarely picking up a newspaper, but I promise I keep up to date with my news!

Q: So where do you get it? TV, the paper, online, by phone? And why do you choose one medium over the other? Is it more convenient? Less expensive? More visual?

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I read my art reviews via papers and magazines and my news via google news, because I can specialize what it shows me to fit MY interests. plus it's free. I <3 free.

:)

yikes, those numbers aren't looking too good for us journalism majors, aiy?

Lauren said...

Wow, I knew that newspaper readers were declining but I didn't think it was that bad. I can't lie, I myself read online news just because it's easier than going out and picking up a newspaper. I am making a conscious effort, however, to pick up more newspapers. I just visited the SF Chronicle and most of the staff there were pessimistic about newspapers and their future, especially because they just cut back on a ton of staff. It makes me second guess my career/future a bit...